Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm eager to be close to Kajol: Tanishaa

Tanishaa wants to spend more time with her sister Kajol. It's one of the reasons she's doing up her late dad's Santa Cruz house. PS: She eventually plans to move in there Tanishaa has been redoing her late father Shomu Mukherji's abode at Santa Cruz. For the past few months, Kajol's sister has been dealing with an army of masons and contractors to make the house liveable.

I'm eager to be close to Kajol: Tanishaa

"Hopefully, the work will be done in a few weeks. Though my mom (Tanuja) and I stay in south Mumbai, I'm looking at spending more time here now, " she said. There's also an added reason for her to be in Santa Cruz -- the proximity to Kajol, who stays in Juhu. "I'm eager to be close to her. When the new bundle of joy arrives, I can be there for her. Commuting to and from south Mumbai is time consuming."

Ajay Devgn's sister-in-law is ensuring that all the work is completed before the new addition enters their family. "My cousin, an interior decorator, is handling the renovation. Kajol's also taking an interest." Grotto Villa at Santa Cruz was home to Shomu Mukherji and his brothers.

Deb and Joy before they moved on to set up their own homes. Says Tanishaa, "There are a lot of memories attached to the place. My dad was proud of his house and loved to collect stuff for the home. Thought most of it is old and bulky, I'm trying to make it look contemporary."

Tanishaa adds, "After dad passed away in 2008, it was lying closed. I used to drop in sometimes whenever I was at this end of town. It was convenient to hold meetings as the industry folk are all at this end of the town." Redoing the house has also been an emotional connect with her dad. "I've got over the loss and the heartbreak. I feel close to him staying in his home."

0 comments:

Post a Comment