Friday, June 25, 2010

Vidya’s Cousin makes her Bollywood Entry

Vidyas Cousin makes her Bollywood EntryAnother southern actress is gearing up to make her presence felt in Bollywood. And as far as reviews go, she is already well on her way.

This is none other than Vidya Balan’s cousin Priya Mani. The actress recently was cast in a small but important role in Mani Ratnam’s much hyped “Raavan”.

And she has caught the attention of Bollywood with her small role, in which she describes her gang rape by cops. Her powerful acting has already raised eyebrows.

And generated attention towards her. While the leads of the film are cribbing about the editing in the movie, this newcomer is very satisfied with her role.

“My role couldn’t be cut. Mani Sir told me it brought colour and vibrancy into the story,” said she. Well, evidently, she made quite an impression in that small role and Ram Gopal Verma has already cast her in his next film “Rakta Charitra”.

Priya, though is not a newcomer in the field of cinema. The actress, who has been acting from the age of 18, has done many roles in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. In 2006, she even won the national award for her performance in a southern film. But the actress was not eager to continue doing serious roles. “I quickly gravitated towards conventional glamorous roles because I no longer had to prove myself as an actress,” she said.

When asked, if she is banking on her cousin Vidya to help her out in this unknown B’Town, she was quick to reply, “No, I’m not really in touch with Vidya. I’m more in touch with her father. Whenever I visit Mumbai, I make it point to meet him. But I don’t expect them to help me in Bollywood at all…”

0 comments:

Post a Comment