Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shahid to pay tribute to Michael Jackson

shahid-kapoor-29-10x7

Shahid Kapoor is all set to pay tribute to the Queen of Pop Michael Jackson by performing live at Filmfare awards night.

Shahid says, “The Filmfare organizers felt I could do the Michael Jackson tribute. And I took up the challenge.

“We didn’t have much time to rehearse, only four days. But I’ve grown up watching MJ’s music videos, am a huge fan, so it wasn’t difficult to master the choreography. I will be paying a tribute, not copying MJ. But it is better not to adulterate his steps.”

Shahid will be performing live at the awards night, while other celebrities will have their acts pre-recorded.

Shahid says, “Yes, I’ll be going live… an eight-minute homage. I love dancing on stage. In India, there’s no specific culture for stage performances.

“Out West, there’s a huge market for live performances. Their films don’t have songs and dances. Their pop stars have a vibrant stage culture. So, stage performances are a huge market in the West.”

Looking forward to see Shahid transform in Michael Jackson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment