Sunday, February 21, 2010

SRK: I didn’t understand Shiv Sena’s behavior

my-name-is-khan-pressmeet-shahrukh-khan-03

Talking about the recent wrath SRK faced from Shiv Sena, the actor insists that he did not understand why Shiv Sena behaved in such a way and if they would have objected to the content in his movie he would have definitely apologized.

SRK said, “‘If they had a problem with my film, I would have apologized. I have done so earlier because I do not want to offend anyone with my films, my aim is to entertain. But this was about who I am as a person and my Indianness and I was hurt that I had to clarify it again and again.”

SRK insists that he respects Sena leaders, however he feels that nobody should mix entertainment with politics.

SRK further says, ‘They are much older than me and I have great respect for them. But I did not understand why was the film dragged in between. I am one of those who believe that entertainment and politics should not be mixed. I did not understand why was my Indianness questioned. My father is a freedom fighter and I am proud of that.”

Agree with him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment